1. You only lose what you cling to.
2. I used to think I was the strangest person in the world, but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine him and imagine that he must be out there, thinking of me too.
3. True love will triumph in the end- which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie then it’s the most beautiful lie we have.
4. Who are you, really? You are not a name, or a height, or a weight, or a gender. You are not an age and you are not where you are from. You are your favorite books, and the songs stuck in your head. You are your thoughts and what you eat for breakfast on Saturday mornings. You are a thousand things but everyone chooses to see the million things you are not. You are not where you are from, you are where you are going, and I’d like to go there too.
5. I find the whole concept of being “sexy” embarrassing and confusing. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skit. Personally, I don’t even think it’s that sexy. What’s sexy about saying “I’m here with my boobs out and a short skirt, have a look at everything I’ve got?” My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal, the more people can wonder.
6. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about taking chances, and how it’s really just about overcoming your fears. Because the truth is, every time you take a big risk in your life, no matter how it ends up, you are always glad you took it.
7. Never apologize for having high standards. People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them.
8. Beauty isn’t all about having a pretty face. It’s about having a pretty mind a pretty heart and a pretty soul.
9. And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.
10. I’ve learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them. I’ve learned that no matter how much I care, some people just don’t care back. And it’s not the end of the world.
11. For a moment there, I saw an ounce of promise in you. But you weren’t strong enough to follow through on that. I just hope, for your sake, that you one day find it again; that you manage to brush away the rubble in your head and find a way to love and be loved. It’s something that you’ve been without far too long.
12. It’s the oldest story in the world. One day, you’re seventeen and planning for someday, and then quietly, without you ever really noticing, someday is today, and someday is yesterday and this is your life.
13. She said, “I wasn’t looking for you- I wasn’t looking for anyone, but one smile changed all that.” One smile, one look, and I was lost. I still am. I tried hard not to love you- not to want you, but that smile and what I saw yin your eyes, changed everything. Even after all this time, that smile still changes everything.
14. I think loving someone despite what other people think, is fearless.
15. Love isn’t practical. It isn’t meant to be easy. It doesn’t appear on command. It doesn’t let you fall for whomever you’d like. It surfaces neither at the most opportune moment nor in the most convenient. It’ll pair you with someone you might never have expected. It’ll put you face to face with endless obstacles. But in the end, none of that will matter because it’s how you overcome its obstacles that will define your love. It may not be practical, but love is ultimately the best thing that will ever happen to you.
15. What if all we have ever wanted isn’t hiding in some secret and far away dream, but inside of us now as we breathe one another and find home in the way our arms always seem to fit perfectly around the spaces between us?What if we are the answer and love was the question? What if all this time, it was us you were supposed to find? I am filled with wonderings, questions, and doubt, but of one thing I am certain: it will always be you that gives flight to the butterflies inside me, calm to the sea I have become and hope to the darkness all around us. It is you and it has always been you… you. You that soothes and excites and spreads joy like rainfall on the already damp earth. If life is a question mark, then you are the proud and bold period that is typed with certainty.
16. Every person you meet, every single one, is looking for their story. There are no exceptions. You became part of it by how you treat them.
17. This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth…you can’t give p because if you give up, you’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying. Hold on. And always, always, always, believe in yourself, be causes if you don’t then who will? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing, and there’s so much to smile about.
18. We accept the love we think we deserve.
19.Some dreams stay with you forever, and they drag you around and bring you back to where you were.
20. It’s funny how we move on, but at the same time, hold on.