1. I can only note that the past is beautiful because one never realizes an emotion at the time. It expands later, and thus we don’t have complete emotions about the present, only about the past.
2.I want my love for God to come alive, so that my heart dances at the very thought of Him.
3. When two souls fall in love, there is nothing else but a yearning to be close to the other. The presence that is through a hand held, a voice heard, or a smile seen. Souls do not have calendars or clocks, nor do they understand the notion of time or distance. They only know it feels right to be with one another. This is the reason why you miss someone so much when they are not there- even if they are only in the very next room. Your soul only feels their absence- it doesn’t realize that the separation is temporary.
4. Can I ask you something? Anything. Why is it every time we say goodnight, it feels like goodbye?
5. I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge, you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the center.
6.In life, we think that the point is to pass the test or overcome the problem. The real truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together for a time, then they fall back apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It’s just like that. Let the hard things in life break you. Let them affect you. Let them change you. Let these hard moments inform you. Let this pain be your teacher. The experiences of your life are trying to tell you something about yourself. Don’t cop out on that. Don’t run away and hide under your covers. Lean into it.What is the lesson in this wind? What will you learn if you face it with courage? With full honesty, and – lean into it.
7. Just when a caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
8. Screw what the world expects. Think about all the things you’ve faced. You cracked, but you didn’t break. You’re still standing. I’d call that fearless.
9. It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
10. You were made for the place where your real passion meets compassion, because there lies your real purpose.
11. Dare to be unforgettable. The time to be bold is now. What lights you up? Do more of that. There’s no one like you. You have a big, bold, bodacious idea inside you- unleash it now. View the world like an artist: make great art. Amaze yourself. You are the platform. The world awaits your magic. AUTHENTIC TRUMPS FAKE. Every. Single. Time. Be your own deliciously irresistible self. Make it juicy. Procrastination is just another word for fear. Fame is not is not the goal. Doing work that matters on the big stage is. Step into the light. Celebrate every day. It’s fuel for the spirit. Fear is a signal that you are alive. Respect it, but don’t be ruled by it. Smash the status quo. You don’t become a hero by being like everybody else. Light your flame. Passion rules. If you don’t feel it, don’t do it. Be ridiculously reliable for what matters most. Make it happen. Be unforgettable.
12. The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risk, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.
13. Being tender & open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continuously shhh’d. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah. Don’t let someone steal your tenderness. Don’t allow the coldness & fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to be truly affected by things.
14. You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest, and if you stay positive, you have a shot at a silver lining.
15. Is it better to take silly chances, than it is to regret making silly mistakes?
16. And if I could tell you one thing, it would be: you are never as broken as you think you are. Sure, you have a couple of scars, and a couple of bad memories, but then again, all great heroes do.
17. I don’t wanna be someone you have to lie about just to talk to her.
18. When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. For that is just being in love, which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away.
19. He who knows nothing, loves nothing. He who can do nothing understands nothing. He who understands nothing is worthless. But he who understands also loves, notices, sees… the more knowledge is inherent in a thing, the greater the love…anyone who imagines that all fruits ripen at the same time knows nothing about grapes.
20. Dating doesn’t have to be hard. People are just so scared. We say things like “it’ll find me,” but that’s just our excuse to stay semi-closed off and not appear bitter or afraid. The truth is, we need that romance, we all long for that connection, and the opportunity to be with somebody we don’t have to hide from. When the world is coming at you from all kinds of angles, it’s nice to have a refuge. Someone you can only go to when you want life to feel “right”, even if it’s only for five minutes. There is no perfect timing: you’ll never experience enough, make enough, or know enough to be “ready”, so find somebody you can grow with. The more your fears control you, the less authentic your love will be. People can’t find and connect with parts of you that you aren’t willing to show. Opening up won’t kill you. Don’t ruin the potential good thing by being stuck on the bad ones from your past. Show some effort, and act like you really want to be happy. Step outside of that comfort zone, but don’t take too long. Always remember: a chance is a terrible thing to waste.